These muffins are filled with blackberries and delicious ingredients, making each bite memorable! They are free of artificial sugar, making them healthier than regular muffins!
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- spice blend: ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 2, 6 oz boxes of blackberries (around 50 blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and maple syrup together.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and fold with spatula just until combined.
- Fold in blackberries.
- Spray a cupcake tin with non-stick cooking oil.
- Divide batter evenly into 10 cups.
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of oats.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the counter.
- Enjoy these muffins with your coffee and as a healthy snack on the go!
- They can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days, and in the freezer for 2 months.
This recipe is a modified version of this one: https://cookieandkate.com/2014/healthy-maple-pumpkin-muffins/