These strawberry pancakes are so fluffy and taste amazing! Plus, they are free of artificial sugar, which makes them a guilt-free breakfast or afternoon delight!
Recipe yields 1 portion for those treat yourself moments!
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp skim milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 spray cooking oil (canola)
- Toppings: 2 tbsp of maple syrup, fresh strawberries
1. Whisk the egg, vanilla, milk, maple syrup and honey together.
2. Sift the whole wheat flour + baking powder over the wet ingredients and fold gently.
3. Fold in the chopped strawberries.
4. Heat pan to medium-low, add 1 spray of oil.
5. Batter can make 4 small pancakes, or 2 medium ones, or 1 large one, however you like.
6. Ladle in some batter, and cook from one side, then flip and cook on the other side.
7. I cooked mine in a little circle cookie cutter to get the same size for each.
8. Serve with maple syrup, more strawberries, and enjoy the pancake goodness!