Roasted chicken, sweet potatoes & broccoli drizzled with basil-lime vinaigrette, what could sound more appetizing for lunch or dinner?
This recipe is so delicious and low on carbs! The vinaigrette is a light and refreshing touch to the mouth watering roasted chicken, sweet potato and broccoli!
For the chicken marinade:
– 1 whole chicken breast (2 halves), cut into strips
– 1 tbsp pesto
– ¼ tsp salt
– dash of black pepper
– dash of cinnamon
– ½ lime, juices
For the vegetables:
– 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, washed, cut into medium cubes
– 2 broccoli heads, washed, florets cut into medium size
– 1 large yellow onion, cut into medium dice
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp oregano
– ¼ tsp black pepper
– 2 tbsp canola oil
– ½ cup basil leaves, packed
– ¼ cup lime juice, around 1 lime and ¼
– ¼ cup olive oil
– 1 garlic clove
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 2 sprinkles of black pepper
– ½ tbsp mayo
1. For the chicken marinade: Place chicken in a bowl, add all marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. Cover and leave in fridge to marinate for at least ½ hour. This can be made ahead and left for longer.
3. For the vegetables: Prepare all the vegetables and place them in large bowl.
4. Preheat oven to 425°F.
5. Add seasonings + oil to vegetables and toss them together.
6. Line a large baking tray (10×20 inches) with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking oil.
7. Spread vegetables on tray evenly in a single layer.
8. Add marinated chicken strips on top, a little bit everywhere.
9. Roast for 25 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes.
10. Make vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, add in all the ingredients, olive oil last, and blend until nice and smooth.
11. Serve: Add some roasted chicken and vegetables to a bowl and drizzle with the basil-lime vinaigrette. Enjoy!