Smoked salmon pairs so well with this cream cheese spread!
Of course you can go classic and smear this cream cheese spread on a bagel and add the smoked salmon on top. I thought I would take a different turn and use baby potatoes, and it tastes delicious as well!
– 12 baby yellow fleshed potatoes
– canola oil spray
For cream cheese spread:
– 1 box Philadelphia cream cheese (227 g)
– 2 tbsp minced red onions
– 2 tbsp minced fresh dill
– 1 tbsp minced fresh chives (only the ends, keep the tops for plating)
– 1 tbsp minced capers
– 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– salt + pepper
– smoked salmon
– lemon slices, dill leaves, chive tops, capers
1. For potatoes: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Wash the potatoes and let dry.
3. Line a large baking tray with aluminum foil (10 inches x 20 inches) and spray with canola oil.
4. Slice the potatoes thinly (1/4 cm thick), and place on the prepared baking tray in one layer. Make sure to have the slices even and not too thin, or they could burn.
5. Roast in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
6. For cream cheese spread: Mix all the ingredients together well in a bowl. Adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
7. To plate: spread cream cheese on desired plate, add some slices of smoked salmon, potatoes, dill leaves, chive tops, capers, lemon slices and serve!