These waffles are divine, especially topped with fresh fruits such as strawberries and kiwis! I used the recipe written by Monique from http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com which I altered slightly.
This recipe has a cozy Sunday kind of feel to it! They can definitely be enjoyed at anytime. Monique from ambitious kitchen really knows her waffles!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp canola oil
1. Preheat waffle iron. (mine has 2 squares)
2. Add dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients together.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Add 1/3 cup batter into each square cavity. Cook according to your waffle iron.
7. My waffle iron is not powerful, so it took around 15 minutes to cook.
8. Serve with strawberries, kiwis and more maple syrup if desired!
9. Makes 6 – 7 squares. If it’s a circle waffle iron, it makes 2 large waffles.