These red velvet cakes swirled with cheesecake are so moist and delicious! They pair really well with the crunchy Oreo white chocolate shards.
The recipe has a few steps but is definitely worth trying!
Ingredients for cake:
– 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temp.
– ¼ cup sugar
– 1 egg
Red velvet cake batter:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 oz. gel red food coloring (1 tbsp)
– 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
– ¼ cup plain hot coffee, prepared
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F.
2. Cheesecake mixture: Mix the cream cheese, sugar and egg in bowl, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
5. Mix in the eggs, milk, vanilla and red food coloring until combined.
6. Stir in the coffee and white vinegar.
7. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at time, just until combined.
8. Spray rectangle pan (9 x 13 inches) with non-stick cooking oil, line with parchment paper.
9. Pour the red velvet cake batter into the pan, and smooth out with spatula.
10. Add dollops of the cream cheese mixture all over the batter, and swirl around with toothpick.
11. Bake in the middle rack for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it. Do not over bake as cake will continue to cook as it cools.
12. Let pans cool until they are warm to the touch.
13. Gently remove the cake from the pan and let them finish cooling. (The warm cake will be very delicate). Place in fridge to cool completely before slicing.
Oreo white chocolate shards:
– white chocolate candy melts
– Oreo cookies, crushed in a Ziploc bag using rolling pin.
1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave while tempering. (30 seconds stir, 20 seconds stir, then 10 second intervals while stirring, until it is completely melted.)
3. Spread the chocolate onto the baking sheet, smooth out evenly using offset spatula.
4. Immediately add the crushed Oreo cookies all over the chocolate.
5. Let the bark firm up in the fridge.
6. Break shards with your hands.