The secret to this amazing roasted salmon, is to bake it with lemon slices on top! That way, the essence of the lemon zest and juices will sink into the salmon and stay, to give it a fresh taste. Plus, celery root and asparagus are vegetables that combine so well with the flavour of this fish! Your taste buds will definitely sing with joy after one bite!
Recipe for this divine roasted salmon follows;
– fresh Atlantic salmon; cleaned, boneless (around 750 g)
– asparagus, 1 bundle, washed
– pepper, freshly ground
– 1 lemon, cut into slices (around ½ cm thick)
For celery root mousseline:
– 1 celery root vegetable, weighs around 1 ½ pounds
– 1 russet potato
– 1 small garlic clove, grated
– ¼ cup 5 % cream (a low-fat cooking cream)
– 1 tsp salt
– sprinkles of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Place the salmon on the tray and add the asparagus around the salmon.
4. Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper.
5. Place the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
6. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the lemon slices, and broil the top for 5 minutes on 400°F.
8. For the celery root mousseline; peel the celery root carefully using a knife and wash it. Peel the potato and wash it.
9. Cut these both into medium sized cubes and place in pot.
10. Fill the pot with water till the vegetables are covered and a bit more.
11. Place the pot over high heat.
12. Once it boils, turn down heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
13. Drain the water and purée using immersion blender.
14. Add all the rest of the ingredients and blend until you get a smooth mousseline.
15. Place some celery root mousseline, salmon and asparagus on plate and enjoy!