This avocado, lime, basil crema is a twist to the traditional recipe, since it doesn’t contain sour cream. This one is an in-between dressing or dipping type of sauce that could be used with roasted sweet potato, chicken, salmon, salads, etc.
This Avocado, lime, basil crema recipe is easy to make since all the ingredients get blended in a food processor!
– ½ cup fresh basil, packed
– ¼ cup lime juice, from around 2 limes
– ½ avocado
– 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/4 cup warm water, optional
1. Place the basil, lime juice, and avocado and garlic in a small food processor and blend.
2. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper, and blend again.
3. Taste, and add more salt and pepper to your liking.
4. At this point, you could add ¼ cup warm water and blend again if you want a thinner consistency.
5. Serve as a dipping for roasted veggies and chicken or on warm salads with salmon!