These mini Almond-Honey Blueberry muffins are so good! They kind of taste like little financiers since the recipe is made with almond flour. A financier is a French tea cake made with almond flour and butter.
Recipe is altered from: https://thelemonbowl.com/almond-flour-berry-muffins/
Makes 36 mini muffins!
– 2 cups almond flour (fine almond meal)
– ½ tsp baking soda
– 1/8 tsp salt
-1/4 cup honey
– 2 eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
– 1 tsp lemon zest (from zesting ½ lemon)
– 2 egg whites
– 6 oz fresh blueberries (from 1 box)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together (almond flour, baking soda and salt) and set aside.
3. For wet ingredients; heat honey for 10 seconds in microwave safe bowl.
4. Add eggs and egg yolks on honey and whisk well.
5. Whisk in vanilla, oil and lemon zest.
6. In a smaller separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
7. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
8. Fold in egg whites slowly.
9. Fold in blueberries.
10. Spray a mini cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add around 2 tbsp of batter into each cavity and sprinkles tops with slivered almonds.
11. Bake for 15 minutes.
12. Let cool completely and enjoy!
13. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.