I called this beauty a “breakfast slice” because it is literally a cross between oatmeal, blueberry scones and banana bread! It is pretty amazing, especially drizzled with your favorite nut butter; peanut, almond, etc. I used macadamia nut butter and it was divine.
This blueberry, banana, oat breakfast cake is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and is made with oat flour!
– 2 cups rolled oats, finely pulsed to create flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp salt
– 1 large banana, mashed (about ½ cup mashed banana)
– 2 tbsp canola oil
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
– ½ tsp vanilla
– 1 heaping cup blueberries (1 box; 6 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch round cake pan with aluminum foil (going up the sides as well).
2. Combine oat flour, baking soda and salt together, set aside.
3. Mix banana, oil, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla together.
4. Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using fork.
5. Stir in blueberries.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and tap lightly on counter.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Allow to cool on counter for 30 minutes before lifting from pan and then letting it cool completely in the fridge.
9. Slice into 8 portions.
10. Serve with your favorite nut butter. I used macadamia nut butter!
11. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
12. To store in freezer, wrap the slices individually with plastic wrap and freeze.
Calories: 1/8 of breakfast cake contains 155 calories, without nut butter.