These peanut butter dark chocolate energy balls are so healthy and delicious! They really are an amazing snack to have on hand. Plus, they are easy to make since you only need 5 ingredients to make these!
This recipe was altered from: http://fitfoodiefinds.com
– 1 cup rolled oats
– ½ cup pitted medjool dates (around 7 dates)
– ½ cup peanut butter, drippy (natural, no sugar)
– ¼ tsp salt
– ¼ cup warm water
– 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
– salt for sprinkling on top
1. Place rolled oats in a food processor and process on high for about 1 minute until oat flour forms.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips and salt) and process for another 1 – 2 minutes until dough is formed.
3. Using a 1 tbsp scooper, scoop out dough and then roll between your palms to form your energy balls. Dab your hands in warm water to help form spheres.
4. Place the energy balls on a tray lined with aluminum foil.
5. Place the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and microwave for 40 seconds, then stir well.
6. Drizzle the energy balls with the melted chocolate and lightly sprinkle the tops with salt.
7. Chill in the fridge slightly, then enjoy!
8. They can be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
9. To store for longer: freeze for 2 hours on the tray and then transfer to large Ziploc bag and freeze. Thaw before eating.