These fish tacos are super delicious! The spiced seared cod, mango, red cabbage slaw, yogurt, coriander and all the other ingredients really tie together beautifully. Close your eyes while taking a bite and imagine yourself on a beach, the salt water breeze, sun kissed cheeks and endless summer. All from a fish taco!
Recipe for Fish tacos with seared cod, mango, & red cabbage slaw.
Seared cod ingredients:
– 500 g cod, 2 big fillets (skinless, boneless)
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp cumin
– ½ tsp red chili flakes
– ¼ tsp ground coriander
– ¼ tsp garlic powder
– ¼ tsp onion powder
– ½ lime, juices
– canola or vegetable oil
– ½ small red cabbage, shredded
– 1 cup corn, drained from can
– 1 tbsp white vinegar
– ½ lemon, juices
– dash of salt
– mango slices
– low-fat yogurt
– Multigrain tortilla wraps; I cut out 3 small circles from a large tortilla (and ate the trimmings).
1. Make slaw: Mix shredded cabbage, corn, vinegar, lemon juice and a dash of salt together very well. Place in fridge until ready to use.
2. Make seared cod: Add all the spices and lime juice on top of fish and rub well.
3. Heat up a spoon of oil in a large pan on medium high heat.
4. Once heated, add in fish and sear on first side for 1 minutes, flip carefully using large turning spatula and lower heat to medium low. Cover pan and let the fish cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the seared cod from pan using large turning spatula to a plate.
6. Build your tacos: Take tortilla wrap, add slaw, add pieces of seared cod, add mango slices, drizzle with yogurt and spoon over some guacamole!
7. Enjoy the delectable goodness.