This buddha bowl is loaded with delicious roasted vegetables, chickpeas, avocado and drizzled with a basil-lime dressing! It is super nutritious and tastes amazing!
Recipe for Sweet potato chickpea Buddha bowl:
For roasted vegetables:
– 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
– 3 broccoli heads, cut into florets
– 2 large yellow onions, cut into medium dice
– olive oil
– salt and pepper
For base and toppings:
– cooked brown or basmati rice (from ½ cup dry rice)
– mixed greens
– 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– pine nuts
For basil-lime dressing:
– ½ cup basil leaves, slightly packed
– ¼ cup fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
– 1 garlic clove
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– ¼ tsp salt
1. Roast vegetables: Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line a large baking tray with aluminum foil.
3. Place sweet potatoes, broccoli, and onions on tray in 3 separate sections.
4. Drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
5. Roast in oven for 15 minutes, then toss the vegetables (flip around) and roast for another 10 minutes.
6. Make dressing: Place all the dressing ingredients in small food processor and blend on high for a couple of minutes until smooth.
7. Build bowl: Place some rice and mixed greens on the base.
8. Add sweet potato, broccoli, onions and chickpeas.
9. Add sliced avocado, pine nuts, and basil-lime dressing.
10. Dig in, enjoy the delicious vegetarian meal! Nutritious high-vibe foods!