Cauliflower steak is so delicious! I paired it with chimichurri sauce and spicy mango salsa for a fresh and very flavourful taste. First time I tried making it and I loved it. It’s a great idea for a light vegan friendly lunch!
Recipe for Cauliflower steak, spicy mango salsa and chimichurri:
– 1 small cauliflower head, washed and dried
– 1 tsp oil
– salt and pepper
– Italian seasoning (dried thyme, basil & oregano)
For spicy mango salsa:
– ½ mango, small dice
– red onions, small dice
– cayenne pepper, dash
– ½ cup packed parsley
– ½ cup packed cilantro
– ½ cup packed basil leaves
– ¼ cup packed mint leaves
– 2 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
– 2 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice (from 1 whole lime)
– ½ tsp salt
– 1/8 tsp black pepper
– ¼ cup olive oil
1. For cauliflower steak: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
2. Slice the cauliflower head into 1-inch thick slices, and place on tray.
3. Rub the oil on both sides of cauliflower steaks.
4. Lightly sprinkle the tops with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
5. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Flip the cauliflower steaks carefully, then roast for another 15 minutes.
7. For spicy mango salsa: Toss the ingredients together and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
8. For chimichurri: Wash all your fresh herbs very well and place them in a food processor.
9. Add all the rest of the ingredients in the order they are written.
10. Blend on high until you get a nice chimichurri sauce.
11. Serve the cauliflower steaks with spicy mango salsa and a drizzle of chimichurri sauce! Delicious vegan friendly lunch!