These flourless hazelnut mocha cookies are little melt-in-your mouth wonders. The taste is phenomenal, like a cross between cookies and brownies. Perfect for back to school if you are craving something chocolaty and nutty with hints of coffee!
This recipe was derived form: http://thesweetandsimplekitchen.com/flourless-chocolate-hazelnut-mocha-cookies/
Makes around 26 little cookies.
– 1 cup icing sugar + ½ cup icing sugar
– 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 cup hazelnut meal, made from 1 cup ground raw hazelnut
– 2 tbsp espresso powder (finely ground roasted coffee beans)
– ½ tbsp cornstarch
– ¼ tsp salt
– ¼ cup butter, room temperature
– 2 large eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1 cup icing sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut meal, espresso powder, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together butter with ½ cup icing sugar.
5. Add in eggs and beat until smooth.
6. Beat in vanilla. Add in dry ingredients and mix.
7. Scoop 1 tbsp fulls of batter onto cookie sheet, leaving space between them.
8. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, until edges are set, and cookies are crackled on top.
9. Remove from oven and press down slightly with the bottom of a mug or cup.
10. Let cool from 10 minutes and enjoy!
11. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.