These apple-cranberry muffins are so delightful and moist. Plus, much healthier than your regular store bought muffins. They are free of artificial sugar and packed with nutritious fruits! You can make them ahead then wrap them individually and store them in your fridge for a quick grab ‘n’ go snack!
The following photos were taken by a talented photographer called Victoria, check out her Instagram page to see more of her photography work @vicvonapartis !
Recipe yields 12 muffins:
– 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour, spooned, not too packed
– 1 ½ tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 ½ cups thinly diced apples (from 2 large granny smith apples)
– ¼ cup canola oil
– ½ cup maple syrup
– 2 eggs
– ½ cup plain yogurt
– ½ cup apple sauce, unsweetened
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 ½ cups cranberries, thawed from freezer
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray a 12-space cupcake tin with non-stick canola oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add diced apples and mix.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk oil and maple syrup.
5. Add eggs one at a time and whisk well after each addition.
6. Add the yogurt, apple sauce, vanilla and whisk.
7. Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold with spatula just until combined.
8. Fold in cranberries.
9. Spoon batter into 12 equal parts in tin.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.
11. Let cool completely on counter and enjoy!
12. Wrap the rest individually with plastic wrap (or store in an airtight container) and place in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.