These brownies are extremely rich in flavour, a small piece will satisfy any chocolate cravings you have! Plus, it is a guilt-free treat since they are healthy! The ingredients consist mostly of good quality dark chocolate, coconut sugar + oil, eggs, cocoa powder, etc! Topped off with hazelnut butter to make your taste buds sing!
These magical photos were taken by Victoria, a photographer in Montreal. Here is her Instagram account to see more of her photography work: @vicvonapartis !
Recipe for Healthy brownies and hazelnut butter follows:
For the brownies;
– 130 g 70 % dark chocolate (1 cup chopped)
– ¼ cup (50 g) coconut oil, room temperature
– 3 eggs, room temperature
– ½ cup coconut sugar
– ¼ cup whole wheat flour
– 2 tbsp cocoa powder
– pinch of salt
– ½ cup 70% dark chocolate chunks
For hazelnut butter;
– 2 cups raw hazelnuts
– 2 tbsp canola oil
– pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 inch pan with oil and parchment paper.
2. Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl for 1 ½ minutes. Set aside.
3. In stand mixer, whisk eggs and coconut sugar until pale and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
4. Slowly drizzle in melted chocolate and whish until incorporated.
5. Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt into egg mixture and gently fold until no clumps remains.
6. Stir some of the chocolate chunks into the batter.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Smooth out top and sprinkle over rest of chocolate chunks.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.
10. Let cool completely then slice into squares.
11. To make hazelnut butter: Add hazelnuts to a tray lined with aluminum foil and roast for 10 minutes in the oven at 350°F.
12. Let cool for around 20 minutes, place in food processor and blend until ground hazelnuts form.
13. Add oil and salt, and blend until smooth hazelnut butter forms.
14. Top off a slice of brownie with hazelnut butter and enjoy!