Tiramisu is a timeless Italian classic! ❤ It’s one of those desserts that are always a crowd favourite, not surprising since it’s light and super flavourful! I added my own twist to this tiramisu by adding strawberries. It mixes so well with the mascarpone cream, chocolate and coffee! So delicious, delightful, tasty and all the great adjectives! 😉
Strawberry Tiramisu recipe:
– 400 g savoiardi lady fingers, about 48 lady fingers
– 475 g mascarpone cheese
– 475 ml heavy whipping cream (35%)
– 2 tbsp icing sugar
– 2 ½ cups coffee + espresso mix (¾ cup espresso + 1 ¾ freshly brewed coffee)
– cocoa powder + sifter
– 200 g dark chocolate, chopped (Lindt 70% dark chocolate tablets)
– 12 x 9 inch pyrex glass pan
1. Start by making the mascarpone cream; Place the heavy whipping cream, mascarpone and powdered sugar in a cold bowl, and whip on high speed with electric beaters until stiff peaks form. Place in fridge until ready to use.
2. Take each lady finger, dip it into the coffee for around 3 seconds on each side, and place in pan.
3. Place half of the mascarpone cream on top of the lady fingers and spread evenly.
4. Sift some cocoa powder all over the top.
5. At this stage, you can add a layer of diced strawberries if you desire!
6. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 with the remaining ingredients.
7. Sprinkle the top with chopped dark chocolate.
8. Add some sliced strawberries if desired.
9. Let the tiramisu chill for at least 2 hours then serve!