These roasted butternut squash ‘fries’ are sooo delicious especially dipped in garlic-lime aioli! These flavours pair really well together since the squash is naturally sweet and the aioli is zesty and tangy! It’s a perfect appetizer, snack or side dish! ❤
Recipe for Roasted Butternut squash ‘fries’ and garlic-lime aioli:
For roasted butternut squash:
– 1 small butternut squash
– olive oil
– sage, chopped
– thyme, leaves from 1 sprig
For garlic-lime aïoli:
– 2 garlic cloves
– ½ lime, juices
– ¼ cup light mayo
– 2 dashes salt
1. Make butternut squash fries: Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut the top and bottom of the squash, slice the whole thing in half to give you 2 cylinders.
3. Then place it cut side down on the cutting board and carefully peel it with a knife.
4. Cut the squash in matchsticks and soak them in a bowl filled with cold water and a couple of ice cubes for 30 minutes.
5. Drain and pat the matchsticks dry.
6. Toss them with salt, a splash of olive oil, thyme and sage.
7. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Roast for 40-45 minutes in the oven.
9. Make aïoli: Mash the garlic with the salt in a pestle and mortar. Add the mayo, lime juices, pepper and mix everything together well.
10. Serve the roasted butternut squash fries with the garlic-lime aïoli. Dig in!