This zucchini bread loaf is so moist and insanely delicious! Perfectly balanced with natural sweetness and fruity acidity! Plus its made with healthy ingredients to keep your energy high!
Recipe altered from: https://ifoodreal.com/healthy-zucchini-bread/
– 2 ½ cups grated zucchini, packed, not squeezed (from 2 medium or large sized zucchinis)
– 1 large egg
– ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
– ½ cup maple syrup
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp salt
– 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (spooned, not packed)
– 1 heaping cup blackberries (6 oz box), slightly squished with the back of a fork
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray + parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk egg, apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
3. Add grated zucchini and fold with spatula.
4. Fold in flour gently.
5. Pour half the batter in the prepared pan, spread it properly to fit the bottom.
6. Evenly add the squished blackberries on top.
7. Pour the other half of the batter in the pan.
8. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Let cool for 10 minutes, then by holding the parchment flaps, lift out the loaf and let it cool completely before slicing.
10. Wrap the slices in plastic wrap and keep in fridge for up a week.