This is cookie skillet is absolute heaven! There is nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream, plus the Reese’s adds an extra layer of decadent goodness! Probably one of my favourite desserts ever!
Recipe altered from: https://houseofnasheats.com/brown-butter-chocolate-chip-skillet-cookie-for-two/
– ¼ cup butter, unsalted
– 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
– 2 tbsp granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– ½ cup all-purpose flour (lightly packed)
– ¼ tsp baking soda
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– Around 10 mini Reese’s, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In small sauce pan, brown the butter by melting it over medium-heat, swirling the pan periodically. Pour into large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Add both sugars, egg, vanilla and whisk well until creamy.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt and fold until combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and spread dough into cast iron pan.
6. Add mini Reese’s halves and push slightly into dough.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are puffy and slightly crisp, while center is still gooey.
8. Serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream on top!