These chunky S’mores chocolate chip cookies are everything you can ever dream of! Thick crisp exterior with a soft interior, and the flavours really hit the spot if you’re craving a decadent cookie!
Recipe altered from: https://www.hereforthedessert.com/2019/07/rich-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
– ¾ cup unsalted butter
– ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned, lightly packed)
– 2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 36 mini marshmallows, 4 on each cookie
– 4-5 graham cracker cookies, about ¼ of one cracker onto each cookie.
1. Brown the butter: Place butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Let it cook and swirl around the pan until the butter is golden brown and forms tiny brown specks, and starts to have a nutty scent. Pour into glass measuring cup or bowl and let the browned butter cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
3. In a large bowl, add sugars and the cooled browned butter, and whisk together until creamy and fluffy.
4. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and fold in (Do not overmix!).
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spacing them out. Should make 16-17 cookies.
8. Take each dough ball, tear it up into pieces and smush it back together while adding 4 mini marshmallows and broken pieces of graham crackers to each.
9. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
10. Enjoy while still warm! Place the rest in an airtight container and leave on counter. You can also wrap up each one individually with plastic wrap and place in fridge.