This is such a delicious and healthy breakfast idea! It is best enjoyed while still warm with a very toasted slice of multigrain sourdough bread, and a coffee!
Recipe for Baked egg, mushroom and spinach cocotte:
– 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
– tiny bit of butter
– 1 tsp of canola oil
– salt and pepper
– handful of fresh spinach
– grated mozzarella cheese
– 1 egg
– more prepper for the top
– slice of multigrain toast
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a little round baking dish, called cocotte.
- Sautee your mushrooms: Place a frying pan over medium-high heat, add butter and oil. Once hot, add sliced mushrooms and stir until cooked, around 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Turn off heat and stir in the spinach until slightly wilted. Place this mixture into a cocotte baking dish.
- Add some grated mozzarella cheese on top.
- Carefully crack your egg in the middle.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, until the egg whites are set.
- Take out of oven, let stand for a few minutes.
- Eat slowly, while sipping your coffee and enjoy the present moment!