This spring quinoa salad is so delightfully flavourful! The mixture of these ingredients is amazing and the touch of citrus vinaigrette really elevates the whole dish! Read the recipe below and give it a try! Your happy taste buds will thank you!
Recipe for Spring Quinoa salad and Citrus vinaigrette:
– ½ cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 romaine heart lettuce, chopped
– 1 small cucumber, in cubes
– 1 small carrot, grated
– 2 avocadoes, in cubes
– crispy red onions (1 large red onion in slices + 2 tbsp flour)
– pomegranate seeds
– some cherry tomatoes, halved
– fresh cilantro leaves
– fresh basil leaves
– citrus vinaigrette (recipe below)
1. Make crispy red onions: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a small baking tray with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking oil. Toss the sliced onions with the flour and spread on tray. Spray the top with more cooking oil. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and flip around. Bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool.
2. Cook quinoa: Rise your quinoa with cold water, place in small pot and add ¾ cup water on top. Place the pot on stove and turn heat to medium-high. Once it boils, turn down the heat to low, cover pot and let cook until the water is absorbed. Turn off heat and place in bowl to cool.
3. Prepare vinaigrette along with your other ingredients.
4. Toss everything in a large bowl with a drizzle of vinaigrette and serve!
– juices of 1 orange
– juices of 1 lemon
– juices of 1 lime
– ¼ cup apple-cider vinegar
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1/8 tsp pepper
– ½ cup olive oil
1. Place all of your ingredients (except the oil!) in a cylinder-shaped container or bowl.
2. Blend everything using immersion blender.
3. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while blending until well emulsified.
4. Store in fridge until ready to use! Stir the vinaigrette a bit before using.