I never thought of making banana bread before, for some reason I always thought “Banana bread? Meh whatever..” But then I tried tweaking the traditional recipes to my liking, and behold! This Chocolate-chip Banana Bread is sooo goood, I literally tear up with joy! :’) Plus it’s lower in sugar than regular banana breads! Deliciously comforting in the morning with a cup of coffee!
Recipe for Chocolate-chip Banana Bread:
– ½ cup unsalted butter
– 3 to 4 overripe bananas (1 ½ cups mashed), leave ½ banana cut lengthwise for topping if desired
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla
– ¼ cup brown sugar (packed)
– 1 tsp salt
– ¼ tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp baking powder
– 1 cup all-purpose flour (lightly packed)
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– Optional topping: ½ banana cut lengthwise, then sliced in half again lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking oil and line with parchment paper.
2. In a large heatproof bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for around 1 minute.
3. Add mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla to the bowl and whisk well.
4. Add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and whisk well.
5. Fold in flour using spatula, just until combined.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly and tap the pan lightly on counter.
8. Optional: Nestle in the banana quarters on top, slightly push them into the batter.
9. Bake the loaf for 45 minutes, until crispy and golden on the outside.
10. Let cool completely, then slice. Wrap each slice individually with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
11. This chocolate chip banana bread is best enjoyed warm, heat up a slice in the microwave for 15-20 seconds before eating!