This is the perfect drink for a warm sunny day! Not too sweet, fruity taste with a kick of lime! Very refreshing in all aspects. Try out the recipe below for yourselves!
Recipe for Blackberry-lime Refreshers:
Makes 4 cups (medium sized)
– 1 cup blackberries
– 2 tbsp sugar
– ½ cup water
– 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (from 1 whole lime)
– 2 cups cold water
– ice cubes
– lime slices
– fresh mint leaves
1. Make juice concentrate; Place blackberries, water, sugar and lime juice in small saucepan. Cover and let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
2. With the back of a spoon, break apart the blackberries, and let simmer for another 10 minutes (covered pan).
3. Place a strainer on top of a pitcher, and pour in blackberry juice mixture. Push down on the seeds as much as you can to get all the juices out.
4. Discard seeds and place the pitcher in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool down.
5. When ready to serve, fill cups with ice cubes, blackberries, mint leaves and a slice of lime.
6. Stir the blackberry concentrate with 2 cups of cold water, and pour this into prepared cups.
7. Sip and enjoy this refreshing drink on a warm day!