This Chocolate-Peanut Granola is absolutely divine! There is something slightly nostalgic about the flavours of chocolate and peanut butter together. Maybe it reminds me of those snacks or breakfast cereals from back in the day, or just spreading peanut butter on any fruits for an easy snack. I always loved this combination, so turning these flavours into a granola is amazing. It tried to make it healthier than most chocolate granolas, by using maple syrup as the sweetener and 70% dark chocolate. The recipe follows, try it out to see my amazement! 🙂
Recipe for Chocolate-Peanut Granola:
– 2 cups quick oats
– ½ cup raw peanuts, roughly chopped
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– ¼ cup pure maple syrup
– 1 tbsp cocoa powder
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (or milk chocolate for sweeter taste!)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Toss oats and peanuts together in a large bowl.
3. In a heatproof measuring cup or bowl, melt the coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder and salt in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir this mixture well.
4. Pour liquid ingredients over oats and toss well until everything is coated.
5. Spread the mixed oats on your baking tray evenly.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and carefully stir granola together.
8. Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Stir again.
9. You can bake it for a bit longer if it needs to, or if you desire a crunchier texture.
10. Let cool completely on counter, around 2-3 hours.
11. Stir in the chopped chocolate and enjoy the granola goodness!
12. Can be eaten as a snack, with milk, yogurt or cottage cheese with fresh berries and other fruits.
13. I like this granola topped over some cottage cheese with blackberries! I also tried it as a cereal with milk and bananas and its divine!
14. Store the rest in an airtight jar or container. Keep in a dry place (pantry cabinet) up to 3 months.